As the year starts, it is the best time to try to be organized and as I'm trying, I've found additional ways that will surely help me as close to be organized as possible.
I have recently upgraded my OS to Windows 8. My colleagues uses this OS and I find it very efficient thru its applications and dashboard features. After several restart during the reboot process, it was successfully installed. While configuring my settings and personalizing my laptop (Acer Aspire One D270) I found out that all the apps are not working due to resolution problem. Windows 8 could not support resolutions under 1024 x 768. I am so frustrated because I failed to check the internet if my laptop is really capable to carry Win 8.
So, to help those not-so-techy people like me, I listed down some glitches that may be experienced if the device is not supported by Windows 8.
1. Resolution – mentioned earlier. You can resolve this by purchasing a new laptop because you cannot just download drivers and install it.
2. Damaged synaptic driver (multi-gestures feature of track pads) – I downloaded the driver from Synaptics and installed it but nothing happens. (I’m still figuring this one out and searching the web for enlightenment.)
3. Loss Net framework – you will be prompted to install this but I’ll still include the link here
4. You will have to download Adobe Reader, music/video applications (WinAmp, iTunes, VLC, etc). Windows’ application should read this file but remember, it may not be supported for some reasons.
5. You may want to install some Windows Live Essentials. I have, because Windows Journal of 8 is not as efficient like Windows Live Writer.
Nonetheless, I find this new Windows OS a very futuristic development. It looks scary at first and one may think of it as very complicated but you’ll find it as user friendly as other Windows releases and loved it in the end.
How come I posted late about Season 3?
Yes, I don’t have the chance since I‘m so full of <insert_company_name_here>!
But alas! Game of Thrones Season 3 is already here! Did you missed it? I vow not to download torrents but I can’t help it!! I’ll just buy the complete season 3 CD when it’s available.
I wish George R.R. Martin finishes the last two novels STAT!